Applications and Air Pollutants Removed in the Energy (Power) Industry
Wet scrubbers and Wet electrostatic precipitators for removal of sulfur dioxide and trioxide, ash particulate, NOx and mercury from coal fired boilers. Sulfur dioxide, NOx and particulate from oil fired boilers and diesel engines. Ash particulate from Biomass boilers including Bagasse type. Complete scrubber systems for sulfur dioxide removal using lime, limestone to gypsum quality and all sodium, magnesium and potassium chemistry scrubbing solutions including ammonia for ammonium sulfate production. For gypsum production, complete air sparging oxidation systems are incorporated in the scrubbers along with all needed auxiliary equipment. Waste Heat Recovery options with Q-Sense direct contact heat exchanger technology. Particulate removal with dry cyclone collectors. Removal of hydrogen sulfide and other acid gases. Venturi black liquor evaporators. Emissions from storage tanks and offloading operations. Removal of hydrogen sulfide from landfill gas. Hydrothermal steam particulate and salts. Removal of radioactive dust from nuclear fuel processing... and much more.
The Bionomic recommended products for these applications:
- CycloPlus��� - Precleaner before Venturi or WESP for dry collection of 5 micron and larger particulate from boilers and gasifiers.
- Series 5000 Packed Bed Scrubbers ��� Suited for removal of all acid gases when using either sodium, potassium or ammonium based chemistries or subcooling flue gas stream. The series 9500 Spray Tower or RotaBed® designs should be employed when using calcium (hydrated lime and limestone) or magnesium hydroxide scrubbing reagents due to low plugging and scale buildup resistance of these designs.
- Series 6500 Jet Venturi ��� Used to control particulate emissions and control tars for syngas cleaning as well as acid gases. Two or three units are arranged in series to obtain optimum gas scrubbing and subcooling.
- Series 7000 Venturi Scrubber - To control particulate emissions in the sub-micron and single digit micron size range and meet MACT standards. Full gas turndown capability. Applicable for all fossil and biomass fuel fired boilers. Also removes with high efficiency sulfur dioxide and hydrochloric acid when using chemical scrubbing reagents. Both horizontal and vertical separator designs enable additional acid gas removal or subcooling of flue gas for plume suppression. The Series 7000 can also be used as a black liquor evaporator when used in a series arrangement for the pulp plants.
- RotaBed® - Our patented plug free fluidized bed device is the preferred technology when scrubbing acid gases using magnesium or calcium based chemistries when a low gas turndown ratio is normal for the application. Able to handle slurries with no buildup or fouling and for gypsum production. Available with integral air sparging sump sections for oxidation and conversion of calcium sulfite to gypsum quality calcium sulfate.
- Series 9500 Spray Tower ��� Recommended for magnesium, lime or limestone scrubbing of sulfur dioxide when a high gas turndown ratio is needed. Can recirculate high solids content scrubbing liquid slurries for production of gypsum. Available with integral air sparging sump sections for oxidation and conversion of calcium sulfite to gypsum quality calcium sulfate.
- ScrubPac��� Custom Skid Mounted Scrubber System - When a fully engineered package scrubber system solution is required for any scrubber type and emission. Reduces engineering and installation time and costs. Pumps, instrumentation, controls, valves and other accessories can be supplied in customer approved standardized brands.
- HEI��� WESP - Best engineered highest efficiency wet electrostatic precipitator design. Furnishes the highest removal efficiency on particulate at the lowest energy cost to remove the smallest submicron particulate from boilers including sulfur trioxide.
- ScrubPac��� VentClean��� - These self-contained cost effective scrubbing units are specifically designed for handling storage tank vent emissions such as ammonia during breathing, filling and unloading operations.
- QSense��� - System recovers waste latent and sensible heat from flue gases using a direct contact exchanger with a payback time between 2 to 4 years on energy costs.