Applications and Air Pollutants Removed in the Metallurgical and Metal Finishing Industries
From Aluminum to Zinc in the Metals Industry, Bionomic offers an extensive line of field proven equipment and systems for; capturing acid gases, ammonia and alkaline mists from metal cleaning, treatment, etching and finishing operations including chemical milling. Acid and NOx emissions from pickling, anodizing, chemical milling and precious metals dissolving operations. Systems for HCL recovery from pickling lines, special scrubbing equipment and chemistries for NOx removal. Zinc galvanizing and electrogalvanizing line emissions. Removal of fine metallic particulate including tars from smelters and sinter plants as well as particulate emissions from blast, reverberatory and other furnaces. Particulate and or acid gasses from digesters, roasters, calciners, pelletizers and more. Oil mist and blue haze removal from scarfing operations. Scrap metal recovery furnaces particulate removal, acid mists and vapors from dissolving operations. Salt emissions from Kolene cleaning baths Sulfuric acid and sulfur dioxide control. Dust capture from material handling operations. Controlling foundry cupola and shakeout particulate and resin emissions. Storage and unloading tank vent emissions. Recover waste heat to preheat boiler feed water or process liquids. Rolling mill oil capture and recycle. Ammonia stripping of wastewater.
The Bionomic recommended products for these applications:
- Series 5000 Packed Bed Scrubbers – All acid gases including hydrofluoric, hydrochloric, hydrogen cyanide, sulfuric, sulfur dioxide, as well as ammonia, alkaline mists, NOx emissions using BIONOxSOLVER™ NOx Scrubbing Reagent. For high concentration acid gases that generate a fine mist white haze, Bionomic offers a special coalescing mist eliminator. Recovery of oil emissions from rolling mills using petroleum based scrubbing liquids. This packed tower series is also available for air and steam stripping applications.
- Series 5500 Crossflow Scrubber – Best suited for low headroom installations or in line with ductwork arrangements. For removing alkaline mists and acid gases at fairly high removal efficiency.
- Series 6000 Tray Scrubber – The best solution to control and recover hydrochloric acid emissions from pickling tanks. Uses a low flow rate of water to properly maintain the correct mass balance of the pickling solution that is recycled.
- Series 7000 and 8000 Venturi Scrubbers - To control particulate emissions from digesters, roasters, calciners, pelletizers, blast furnaces, sinter wind boxes, scarfing and more. Salt particulate from Kolene cleaning baths. Special abrasion resistant linings for blast furnace gases, taconite ore pelletizers etc. For high temperature furnace gas streams and submicron particulate collection venturi units are offered with a particle growth FORCE FLUX Condensation arrangement. Optional special packed bed or tray sections in separator when acid gas control is also required.
- Series 9000 Preformed Spray Scrubber – Control of dust from material handling, silos etc. For 2 micron and larger size dust.
- HEI™ WESP - To remove oil aerosols (blue haze) and meet stringent opacity requirements in scarfing operations. Control of 1 micron and smaller size particulate from sinter windbox and calciners. Best for collecting heavy metals and other particulate from smelters, reverberatory furnaces and sinter plant oily tar emissions. Zinc galvanizing particulate emissions. Capture of sulfur trioxide/sulfuric acid mist.
- CycloPlus™ - Precleaner before Venturi or WESP for dry collection of 5 micron and larger solids from sinter plant emissions, calciners, pelletizers and roasters. Dust collection from material handling operations as primary collector or pre-cleaner.
- BIONOxSOLVER™ NOx Scrubbing Solution – Specifically developed for process NOx control.
- ScrubPac™ VentClean™ - These self-contained cost effective scrubbing units are specifically designed for handling storage tank vent emissions such as HCL and other acids during breathing, filling and unloading operations.
- ScrubPac™ ProClean™ Type CT Tower System - An economical unitized standard package combining the Series 5000 Packed Tower with integrally mounted recycle pump, piping, instrumentation and controls.
- ScrubPac™ Custom Skid Mounted Scrubber System - When a fully engineered package scrubber system solution is required for any scrubber type and control. Reduces engineering and installation time and costs.
- QSense™ - System recovers waste latent and sensible heat from flue gases using a direct contact exchanger with a payback time between 2 to 4 years on energy costs.