Applications and Air Pollutants Removed in the Biomass And Syngas Industries
Flue gas particulate and acid gases from biomass and bagasse boilers. Removal of ethanol, CO2 scrubbers and yeast cells from fermenters. Removal of ash particulate, tars, acid gases and ammonia from steam reformers, gasifiers, pyrolysis units and cooling of syngas streams to acceptable limits to enable use as a fuel source for power generation or as a feedstock for chemical products. For tar removal combination technologies can be used including oil based scrubbing solutions to reduce waste water generation. Ethanol and yeast cell removal from fermenter off-gases. Methanol from processing operations. Hydrogen sulfide removal on landfill, digester and producer gases with regenerable chemistries. Odor control for biomass storage facilities including carbon monoxide removal in wood chip storage areas. Removal of hydrogen sulfide from landfill gas.
The Bionomic recommended products for these applications:
- CycloPlus™ - Precleaner before Venturi or WESP for dry collection of 5 micron and larger particulate from boilers and gasifiers.
- Series 5000 Packed Bed Scrubbers– Offers extremely high removal efficiencies on acid gases as well as direct contact cooling. Suited for removal of acid gases or subcooling of syngas after tars are removed. The series 9500 Spray Tower or RotaBed® designs should be employed when tars are present. Special regenerable chemistries are available for hydrogen sulfide removal.
- Series 6500 Jet Venturi – Used to control particulate emissions and control tars for syngas cleaning as well as acid gases. Two or three units are arranged in series to obtain optimum gas scrubbing and subcooling for tar removal.
- Series 7000 Venturi Scrubber- The number one choice to remove particulate and tars on pressurized syngas streams to control particulate emissions in the sub-micron and micron size range. Large gas turndown capability. Applicable for all syngas cleanup needs and biomass fuel fired boilers. Also removes with high efficiency sulfur dioxide and hydrochloric acid when using chemical scrubbing reagents. Both horizontal and vertical separator designs enable additional acid gas removal or subcooling of flue gas for plume suppression.
- RotaBed® - Our patented plug free fluidized bed device is the preferred technology over packed bed type scrubbers when removing acid gas streams that also contain tars. Can use all chemical reagent types for sulfur dioxide removal.
- Series 9500 Spray Tower – Recommended for scrubbing gas streams that requires a large gas turndown ratio and is plagued with tars requiring a non-fouling design for acid gas removal. Extremely low pressure drop device.
- ScrubPac™ Custom Skid Mounted Scrubber System - When a fully engineered package scrubber system solution is required for any scrubber type and emission. Reduces engineering and installation time and costs. Pumps, instrumentation, controls, valves and other accessories can be supplied in customer approved standardized brands.
- HEI™ WESP - Best engineered highest efficiency wet electrostatic precipitator design. Furnishes the highest removal efficiency on particulate at the lowest energy cost to remove the smallest submicron particulate and tars from gasifiers and boilers including sulfur trioxide at lowest energy cost.
- ScrubPac™ VentClean™ - These self-contained cost effective scrubbing units are specifically designed for handling storage tank vent emissions such as ethanol during breathing, filling and unloading operations.
- BTIP™ - The bioscrubber biological system that utilizes microbes in lieu of chemicals to destroy organic odors emanating from wood chip storage facilities.
- Special Catalytic Systems - for removal of carbon monoxide from wood chip storage facilities.
- QSense™ - System recovers waste latent and sensible heat from flue gases using a direct contact exchanger with a payback time between 2 to 4 years on energy costs.